Monday, September 26, 2011

A Seashell Mirror & Some Inspirations

I have decided to take the bathroom mirror and make my own seashell mirror on the surround.  It is just a pane of glass on a piece of white wood right now and it was adhered crooked, which drives me crazy.  So, rather than replace the whole thing I figured I would take the usable beginnings and make myself a seashell mirror by glueing seashells and sea objects in neutral tones to the wood and mirror that exists.

Here is what it looks like now...


And here are some of my inspirations for the project...
White Seashell Mirror by beachgrasscottage

image from country living

image from phoebe howard & completely coastal

I especially love this new DIY mirror that Phoebe Howard has attempted.  I love a good DIY tutorial and it definitely has given my own mirror project new momentum.
round shell mirror
image from Completely Coastal
See Phoebe's full tutorial HERE.

Besides the exterior house redo in motion this shell mirror project is next on my to-do list!
I am looking forward to this project but a bit intimidated as I know my own OCD for shape and symmetry and I know once glued it will always be glued :).

Any upcoming DIY's for anyone else?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Teresa for the mention! I'm glad that you found inspiration on my site. You shouldn't have difficulties finding lots of shells in Florida! Look forward to seeing your shell mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maya for stopping by! Agreed: Florida is full of inspiration and DIY supplies on every coastline!

    Love your mirror and looking forward to sharing mine when it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blog was amazing.

    If you are Looking For a Lightweight Hoodie, T-Shirt, Classic T-Shirt,
    100% Cotton T-Shirt, Lightweight Sweatshirt, Free Worldwide Shipping

    Banksy Hoodies
    Banksy Hoodies and T-Shirts
    Banksy Clothing for Men

    ReplyDelete