Friday, September 30, 2011

Color Found in Subtle Shades of White

I have a hard time NOT adding color in my home.  I get ideas about a crisp white and linen palette...so soothing, calming, and a how it can be both comfortable and sophisticated when done right.  But, when it comes down to it I cannot help myself...I start neutral and add color upon color upon color!

But, also, I am always inspired by people's spaces that can beautify and add so much rich dimension to a home with whites and creams and neutrals.

Below are some of my favorite examples of that via a few blog-homes.




images via Dreamy Whites

08p
beach chic cottage shabby coastal nautical decor

images via Beach Cottage

IMG_2949

IMG_1267
images via Starfish Cottage



images via The Lettered Cottage


I try to take some inspiration from the coastal and crisp neutrals above, peppered occasionally with color that just jumps off the picture due to the white backdrop.  When I need to edit my living spaces back {which is often} I try to remember spaces like these...they are so lovely and calming and creative as well!

1 comment:

  1. That blog was amazing.

    If you are Looking For a Lightweight Hoodie, T-Shirt, Classic T-Shirt,
    100% Cotton T-Shirt, Lightweight Sweatshirt, Free Worldwide Shipping

    Banksy Hoodies
    Banksy Hoodies and T-Shirts

    ReplyDelete